Frank Zappa - (1988.04.18) - Wembley Arena, London England

 Wembley Arena


Zappabase: Normalshow: 132 min, Aud, A- 
This copy: 128 min. AUD A-


tracklist

01 - The Black Page No2
02 - Packard Goose Medley
03 - Mr Green Genes
04 - Florentine Pogen
05 - Andy
06 - Inca Roads
07 - Disco Boy
08 - Teenage Wind
09 - City Of Tiny Lights
10 - I Aint Got No Heart
11 - Lets Move To Cleveland
12 - Bamboozled By Love
13 - Big Swifty
14 - Who Needs The Peace Corps
15 - Peaches En Regalia
16 - Stairway To Heaven
17 - Bolero
18 - I Am The Walrus
19 - Illinois Enema Bandit
20 - Strictly Genteel

Band:
Frank Zappa, Ike Willis, Mike Keneally, Scott Thunes, Chad Wackerman, Ed Mann, Bobby Martin, Bruce Fowler, Walt Fowl

4 comentários:

Unknown disse...

ZAPPA

Unknown disse...

zappa

Unknown disse...

zappa

Pól disse...

I was a steward at this 1988 Wembley Arena gig - I was in the RAF at the time and the Wembley organisers would pick a busload of us up from nearby RAF Northolt since we were good for security. The deal was: you'd put your name on a list and would have to do some 'crap' gigs in order to get pole position on the 'good' ones (supposedly U2, Prince etc.). Anyway, few of us 20-somethings had heard of Zappa so this counted as a 'crap' one. Well I thought it might be interesting so my hand went up. So, when we got there I was detailed to mind the sound desk; a pretty cushtie spot. Zappa himself seemed on good form; indeed, he was a revelation to me. I'd never heard 'rock' anything like it but I totally dug his style, his Stravinsky references and crazy mixed up time signatures; my steward buddy wasn't so keen. Then about half way through, this tall blond fella comes striding down the centre aisle and breezes right up towards the desk. "Heh-hey there, you..." I start but the sound guy gave me the nod and they start chatting away. Meanwhile my mate's tugging on my sleeve and practically wetting himself... "It's ROBERT PLANT Dude!" - Me: "Who?" Yeah, well that's how green I was back then - but that concert, even though at the time I hadn't really wanted to do it, I came away afterwards knowing I'd witnessed something special.