Frank Zappa - (1967-10-02) - Olympen, Lund, Sweden

Photo from http://www.pbase.com/aladuca/image/84393318
Copyright Angelo La Duca

From FZShows:

2-Oct 1967, Olympen, Lund, Sweden
27 min, Aud, B+
No Matter What You Do, Blue Suede Shoes, Hound Dog, Gee (incl. Duke Of Earl), Orange County Lumber Truck Medley


This recording surfaced just 3 years ago, and although Lund is just a 2 hour drive from where I live, I had to turn to a trader in Florida to find it. I don't hesitate to label this show as essential, being one of 3 circulating shows from the first European MOI tour, with a sound quality that's not excellent, but surprisingly good for 1967. Some irreparable speed fluctuations near the end, though.
I still list the venue as Olympen, although I've seen remarks that Olympen wasn't built yet in 1967, and that the show took place at Akademiska Föreningen. Maybe it wouldn't be that hard for me to find out (a quick web search gave nothing), but I'll wait and see if anyone here can convince me.

01 intro
02 No Matter What You Do
03 Blue Suede Shoes
04 Hound Dog
05 Gee
06 Orange County Lumber Truck intro
07 Orange County Lumber Truck Medley

Nenhum comentário: